With its narrow, water-cutting bow section and clean hull shape, the Scapa is a boat that is designed for speed. The look matches the feel in every way but still retains the excellent stability and added safety and comfort you expect from a BIC ‘Sit-On-Top’.With excellent speed, the Scapa is a true sport boat designed and built for fast cruising and physical conditioning. What’s more, it’s an excellent boat for learning sea kayaking. Even in difficult sea conditions, the Scapa holds its course thanks to its superb glide and reassuring stability. The molded baggage storage area behind the cockpit allows you to load up with diving tanks, as well as fishing or touring equipment.
For 2016, Its construction has been totally re-worked using a new thermoforming technique. Result : it's more RIGID, STRONGER, and more COMFORTABLE.
A foam block is inside the body of the kayak, with foam around the cockpit too. This makes the boat unsinkable, the cockpit is more rigid and the kayak's scoop is now much more closely aligned with the original design.
The integral, fixed foot rests have been replaced with removable, adjustable foot rests.
The kayak is now fitted as standard with a 20cm diameter foreward watertight storage hatch, cockpit bungs, lateral cushioning pads in the cockpit, and a large flat rear surface for carrying equipment, etc.
The new SCAPA FIT is a magnificent sea kayak, fast and super comfortable for serious sport sessions or pleasure excursions and exploration.
ref : 101223
- Razor-sharp bow and stern tips plus fluid hull design = great glide.
- Moderate width = great glide while retaining all the safety advantages of the Sit-On-Top concept.
- Auto-empty, elongated rear storage area design = ample space for transporting jerry cans, back-pack or any other item/s.
- Foam block inside the kayak and around the cockpit = improved rigidity around the cockpit area and of the whole kayak. This also makes the Scapa unsinkable.
- Removable, adjustable foot rests = improved paddle comfort.
- 20cm diameter forward watertight hatch = easy-access safe storage.
- Lateral cushioning pads in the cockpit and wide, anti-slip pad on the rear storage area = stylish finish and look.
Built-in adjustable foot rests
Much longer than our other boats, the three models in the PERFORMANCE series are aimed at a more sporty market, offering a wider range of paddling styles and options, but still easy to use. Joining the Scapa, which has already more than proved itself commercially, two new models bring the range bang up to date. The Java and Borneo models arrive with a fistfull of innovations.
|FRITSCH Associes.com & BIC Sport||14'5"||26"||50 lbs||1 adult||286 lbs|
BIC Sport’s exclusive Twin Sheet Technology (TST) thermoforms two Polyethylene sheets in an aluminum mold and is used to build our kayaks, the O’pen BIC and Dinghies. The deck and hull sections are formed and sealed together in one single operation, resulting in an incredibly durable boat with a highly refined finish. The joint line of the two sheets fuses together to become the most durable part of the boat. This process creates a product that is extremely solid with an exceptionally smooth, UV-resistant finish.