Surfing can be dangerous and physically demanding.
Participating in surfing may result in serious injury or death.
Consult your physician prior to beginning surfing.
Observe the following safety rules when using this product:
• Obtain instructions for this product from your dealer.
• Read and follow all manufacturer’s recommendations prior to using this product, including those which may be included on www.bicsport.com
• Obtain certified first aid training prior to using this product and carry first aid and rescue/safety equipment.
• Do not exceed your surfing abilities.
• Be aware of your limitations.
• Take lessons regularly with your local school to ensure that your knowledge and ability is up to date.
• Do not use alcohol or mind altering drugs prior to or while using this product.
• Always wear the appropriate gear for weather conditions, cold weather and/or weather can result in hypothermia and require appropriate wetsuit.
• Always use a surf leash attaching your leg to the board. However, a leash is not a life-safety device and is intended for convenience only. It is not intended to compensate for deficient paddling, surfing and swimming ability, ocean knowledge, safety precautions, or general common sense.
• Always check the state of your fin, to ensure that it is smooth and free of cutting edges which can cause serious injury to either you or somebody else.
• Buy extra "soft fins" if you are new to the sport and paddling, they will significantly reduce the chance of injury to either yourself or others.
• Use only manufacturer approved additional outfitting.
• Never surf alone.
• Be aware of changes in wave conditions, tidal changes, dangerous currents.
• Know the rules of surfing and respect your fellow surfers.
• The user of this product acknowledges both an understanding and assumption of the risk involved in surfing. We assume no liability for any damage or injury to you or others caused by use, misuse, lack of common sense, or inability to use this product.
Do not expose your surfboard to excessive heat or sunlight when not in use. Whenever you are not using your surfboard (either during storage or transport to/from the beach) particular care and attention should be made to protect the board from the sun and heat. Excessive exposure to the sun and/or heat can result in the following unavoidable and undesirable consequences:
- Yellowing of your board
- Decals unstuck from the board
- Significant fading of color of the graphics
These undesirable consequences are not covered under Warranty as they are due to a user or storage problem, and not related to the manufacturing or material quality of your product.
The leash is not a life-safety device and is intended for convenience purposes only. It is not intended to compensate for deficient surfing and swimming ability, ocean knowledge, safety precautions, or general common sense. We assume no liability for any damage or injury to you or others caused by use, misuse, or inability to use this product.
WARNING: To use this product with maximum security please read and follow these simple instructions:
- Never grab or wrap the leash around your hand to recover the surfboard: the force of a wave may cause serious damage to your hand or fingers, even amputation in the worst cases.
- A surf leash can become stuck on objects under the water, particularly when surfing reef or rock breaks. To reduce the risk of drowning, before going surfing with this leash you must train to use the quick release pull tab on the velcro ankle or knee bracelet.
- Surf leashes are NOT intended for use in rivers with current or whitewater rapids. They should not be used in these conditions unless used in conjunction with a PFD quick release sytem AND the appropriate training by a river professional.
The finest raw materials are used in the manufacture of this product, with emphasis placed on performance and quality. The products that we endorse must pass vigorous quality standards. This we back by offering a guarantee on both workmanship and raw materials according to local regulations. (This guarantee does not cover fin cuts).